Obj rigging in p5.js or combined with another lib?

Curious if anyone has tips/advice on how to do OBJ rigging (like animating the model from a skeleton) within p5.js? There was an abandoned issue on the topic some years ago… Found one of many tutorials using three.js – but would prefer to use p5.js world for ease and mixing with other features… still on the search, but if there are tips for JS compatible libs to do rigging of OBJ’s or someone has experience combining such aspects of three.js – would love to know about it.

End goal: animating an audio-reactive dinosaur head to mic input… a gift for someone who’s obsessed.

Still super curious if this is possible… in the meantime created dino-roar!

2 Likes

One way to achieve this would be to break the object into separate objects for each bone basically and then transform the object to the correct position based on the animation. You could probably find a way to do this based on the animation data if you could figure out how to make sense of it. I did something like this for a game I made recently (here’s a video devlog of that) and have been working on doing what I’ve described above for animating character models.

1 Like

Aha, separating the joints is a clever solution + great game!