No serial library Processing for smartphone. Help

no statement i have install it last year with same procedure but i made it twice for each jar file otherwise it wont run

2 Likes

yes

@ZENAR57 a way from serial take look at this

1 Like

yes

2 Likes

yes that is true i did post photo up but you did not notice it

1 Like

coding is hard and some struggle to learn, but if i can give some positivity, its that after a while eventually things begin to make sense, then all those things we struggled with become understanding.

1 Like

yes but there is many here are creatives

2 Likes

@ZENAR57 Did you get serial working in your development environment (APDE, Android only and no PC)?

I have now!
I did this with Processing for Android (development on PC) to test the library.

I followed instructions on this site:

I got an OTG cable yesterday.

I wrote a very minimal sketch:

• Arduino Mega is is counting up and sending data every 500ms.
  • Android is receiving and display count to the screen.

It is working!

I may try your approach in the future but not anytime soon. I am very busy these days.

:)

2 Likes

2021_05_12_14_10_51
APDE processing only,
from the beginning to the end.

the problem of library operability is no longer considered and faded into the background. Having problems editing apk access rights to hardware resources,without resorting to the help of a computer at all.

I probably missed it, it’s a pity, I had to spend time to figure it out myself.

no result yet.
I’ll try again tomorrow.
suicide

@ZENAR57 look what I am running with tablet
Logic analyzer
Microcontroller programmer
Rtl sdr
Oscilloscope
Even my CNC and my 3d printer all gots APK

1 Like

you have a computer and everything that worked for you was the result of the computer’s help. Try to do everything with a blank slate without touching the computer.
I also have everything working in hardware, I can receive and transmit data from other programs. but can’t use APDE processing.

i am making search how to link otg or usb with APDE if i got something worth i am going to post it also i am trying some codes

1 Like

20210513_024358

this file is not that big issue it is used just if you want the sketch to indicate if the Arduino connected or not so if you have the suit setting of the library and working code you do not need this file

2. If the app should be notified when a device is attached, add device_filter.xml to your project’s res/xml/ directory and configure in your AndroidManifest.xml .

1 Like

I can’t cram it, I’ve tried it so many times.
Try it yourself without touching the computer.

i am going to try it

1 Like

Ok.
It just didn’t work out for me.