My GUI fellowship application made public

Back in 2018 I wrote my application (as in document) for the 2019 fellowship program.
I’m picking up the work on the GUI library to release a small version soon.
Anyway, I thought it would be nice to make the application public, so here it is:

13 Likes

This seems super useful, and I wonder, is the library code hosted somewhere public?

1 Like

Thanks so much for sharing this. Also, very much looking forward to seeing the GUI library when you are ready for an initial release – thank you for working on it.

3 Likes

If anyone knows anyone good with opengl then please ask if they can look into this:

I have this problem for over a year now and it’s really demotivating me. It’s not a layer in the project that could be fixed, it’s a chain in the system that has to be fixed.

1 Like

Oops, sorry I missed that mention (which answers my question), ha. Thanks!

I also posted an issue here:

Maybe @neilcsmith knows?

2 Likes

Not really, but this seems to be calling standard Processing calls like rect() and fill() within begin / end PGL calls. Pretty sure that’s going to be problematic, particularly because Processing doesn’t use immediate rendering - they’ll actually be rendered sometime after endPGL() IIRC. Try replicating the JOGL example using PGL, or possibly try calling flush() after each fill and rect call?

3 Likes

@neilcsmith yeah got it working! I tried flush before but maybe I missed one back then or something. I don’t know. But finally I can make an ‘overflow scroll’!

thx

3 Likes

Will we ever see this library?

yes! I’m working hard on it, and my main goal for this year is to release it.

2 Likes