Looking for a good processing tutor

Hi I’m looking for a processing tutor for my daughter, she’s in high school, graduating year. She’s taking a programming 12 class and they’re using processing language (which they call Java, but it doesn’t look much like any Java that I know). I’m a software engineer myself, and although I’d love to help her, I think it would be better for her to learn from someone who works with the language regularly and knows it well.

Where’s a good place to find a tutor? Remote is fine.

Thanks.

1 Like

Processing is often mistaken as a different languague, but in the end it‘s just a Java library with an IDE.

The only difference to a plain Java program, is that there‘s no need for a main() class and the existence of setup(), draw() and other methods that allow easier access to events/ have useful functionality (and some other minor things).

To find a Tutor, you‘d want to post a Message in the Community, which this Thread has been moved to already. So now you‘ll just have to see if someone will take on the offer.

Other options would be to take a look at Tutorials. There are many very good ones online, that allow you to get a good grasp on the fundamental principles and methods used in Processing and also in Java.

2 Likes

Hi,
were you able to get a tutor for your daughter?
I desperately need help with my assignment, and I don’t have enough time to go through all tutorials.