Issues Logging in

Hi! So I’m currently trying to log into my p5.js account, but whenever I hit the “Log in” button, it just gives a “Ø” as the cursor, and the page doesn’t go anywhere. It doesn’t even look like it’s trying to load, so I am unsure if it’s the computer I am on or a connection issue or something else entirely. I am currently using a Macbook Pro to try and login. Would anyone happen to know why it refuses to have me sign in?

I can log in to editor.p5js.org right now at https://editor.p5js.org/login using Login with Google. Are you using manual login, GitHub, or Google? What browser, and have you tried logging in again with a private / incognito window?

2 Likes

same problem, and it has persisted for several days. It is manual login with username and password. Chrome and Safari both have same problem on MacBook Pro High Sierra. Restarting does not help. Icognito browser window does not help.

I can log in on another computer (macBook Pro Sierra).

1 Like

@van326 Is the problem still going on? As of this writing ,I am able to login with chrome, safari and Firefox with both my MacBook Pro 2011 High Sierra and 6th gen iPad

3 Likes

Hi! I tried logging in with Safari, Firefox, and Chrome. It didn’t work when I was trying to log in with my email (it said you could type email or username), but as soon as I put in the user name, it immediately logged me in. I am unsure why it was so particular about how I logged in.

I tried logging in with Safari, Firefox, and Chrome when it was an issue, and they all gave the same result. It didn’t work when I was trying to log in with my email (it said you could type email or username), but as soon as I put in the user name, it immediately logged me in. I am unsure why it was so particular about how I logged in.

1 Like

possibly that was their way to fix a other issue,
that when you published the link to your sketch,
your email was shown…

I’ve had a similar issue with my P5 account, although I’m not certain what the cause is. In my case the “Ø” cursor appeared when:

• I entered the wrong account name or password - afterwards the “Ø” appears and kept popping up on hovering the login button (even when I corrected the user name + password);
  • I used tab to switch between the input fields and tabbed to the log in button.

Again, I’m not certain whether these caused the “Ø” issue. I just happened to notice that I did these things right before the error showed. Believe a hard refresh of the browser followed by doing everything with the mouse instead seemed to fix it for me.

For me, email address works at those times when Username fails. Not the other way round. Thanks!

1 Like

the reverse works for me!!