It is hard to only select the code and copy big ones from a post. If not I suggest adding a button (since we allow pasting the code here) to copy the whole code at a click. A helpful link.
but if you do it on a daily basis you find your way, like:
- mouse drag down ( select) over the first line of code
- walk down to the end of the code
- press/hold [Shift] and click after the last “}”
so the whole code is selected
- press [Ctrl][c] for copy
but yes, that copy to clipboard is wanted,
same as that the OP use the code block: [</>] Preformatted Text for their code
– and not PASTE as text
– or even more bad, use the ["] Blockquote what is damaging the code.
Yo, I sometimes use this trick.
Never did that before! I merely create a mouse rectangular selection of the whole code block.
that’s what we talk about here:
the usual mouse click / drag down / release
what you call “mouse rectangular selection”
sometimes with long code ( OS / Browser dependent ) just does not work,
( or i should buy a new mouse?? )
i can try downwards, upwards… only catch a piece
in that situation the [Shift]click trick helps
- 1st I click & hold at the left-top corner of the block code.
- Then I move the mouse to the far right side.
- After that I move the mouse farther down, completing a rectangle.
- Then a scroll down automatically starts.
- I just need to maintain the mouse at the right-bottom until the whole code is selected.
Last two steps are what the trouble is. I can’t easily make it to scroll on perfect speed.Sometime it is so slow or some time it is fast enough to get selected all around from topic.