FIXED (mysteriously): Processing IDE hangs on switching to Android mode

Transient bug: The first two times I tried to switch to Android mode after downloading Processing 3.3.6, it immediately hung. It got as far as saying it couldn’t find the SDK, then none of the windows responded any more at all.

I had to find the ID of the process ( ps aux | grep processing) and kill it by hand.

But! Once I’d done that and restarted it, the next time I tried to choose Android mode it gave me the correct dialog box with the option to automatically download the SDK. So I’m doing that now.

Processing 3.3.6, Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela.