Android mode download SDK

Hi

Months ago I was trying to run processing 3.5.4 via Android mode
Massage appears asking to to locate sdk tools or download it

The download process was failed to continue and I downloaded sdk manually and then located the path and works fine

I have other computer today I try to run android mode I select download sdk after the massage appears and processing download the sdk tools and run in android mode

My question is there change made to make sdk tools download automatically with out error as before because there is many topics over the forum complaining from issues and unable to download sdk automatically or is there other thing ??

I have deleted the sdk downloaded folder and repeat the process it works again and tools download without error

1 Like

Hello,

like many others I am stuck with trying to get the Android Mode for Processing to run.

The program fails to locate the Android SDK and locating the path manually, as well as adding the line:

android.sdk.path=C:\Users\Leand\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk

to the preferences.txt does not work. I tried this on two different devices.

I also tried clean installs of Processing as well as the Android SDK (in different versions: 25, 30, 33) which I am downloading through Android Studio which did not work.

As mentioned in other topics I also made sure the Android SDK Tools are installed.

Tried downloading the SDK through the prompt that shows up when attempting to load Android Mode which also did not work. This would not be an optimal solution anyways since I would like to have one SDK installed for both Processing and Android Studio.

My current system is as follows:

• OS Name: Microsoft Windows 11
  • Version: 10.0.22621 Build 22621
  • System Model: Surface Pro 8
  • System Type: x64-based PC
  • Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-1185G7 @ 3.00GHz, 2995 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
  • Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 16,0 GB

Since I need Android Mode working for a class at university and none of the solutions in other topics seem to work for me I am hoping someone has found a solutions that has not been mentioned here before.

If there is anything unclear in the description of my issue Ill make sure to provide more information. I wouldve provided more screenshots but as a new user I am not allowed to post more than one.

1 Like

Hi

You can install SDK manually

Export to exe file - #9 by noel.

The file in this link

Hello @LeanderRen,

I have a W10 PC with i7-6700 CPU.

Processing 3.5.4 These work on my system:

• Download SDK automatically.
  • Locate SDK path manually < SDK from Android Studio

Processing 4.01 These work on my system:

• Download SDK automatically
  • Locate SDK path manually < Only if I select the one that was installed with Processing!
  • I was NOT ABLE to select the SDK from Android Studio

And I made some apps to share at work!

:)