Export exe. from processing 3.5.4

Hi,
I am not sure where to post this question. If it is wrong, kindly tell me.

I export the exe. from my sketch. Like in the following picture.

link: https://forum.processing.org/two/discussion/27156/application-exported-doesn-t-run-if-there-are-images
I get the same file. When I click exe., it only shows grey window and nothing else.
Why it shows like this?
The data file is in the sketch folder. My sketch can work by .pde. I also try example code and it can work.

Hi @CHI123,

Welcome to the community! :wink:

When you report an issue, it’s always better to provide the operating system you are running on (Linux, Mac or Windows?)

Because it seems that your image shows the same folder structure as in the thread you linked, which in this case is running on Linux and you mention .exe which is specific to Windows.

Can you try to run the executable from the command line and copy paste any errors you see?

Hi, @josephh

Sorry. I did not notice the link is using in Linux. This is what I see. The data file is in this application_window64.

I use Win10 64bit. It did not show any error when I click .exe and only grey color window. I test exe. in example code from processing and it can work. I am not sure why it can not work with my sketch.

hi

this code works

Application exported doesn’t run if there are images

float x;
float y;
float easing = 0.05;
PImage img1;

void setup() {
  size(640, 360); 
  noStroke();  
  img1 = loadImage ("L.png");
}

void draw() { 
  background(51);

image(img1, 0, 0, width, height);

float targetX = mouseX;
  float dx = targetX - x;
  x += dx * easing;

float targetY = mouseY;
  float dy = targetY - y;
  y += dy * easing;

ellipse(x, y, 66, 66);
}

and after exporting to exe the image presented in data folder

and here is exe run

Hi, @jafal

Yeah…with images it can work. But all the things in my data file are exported. In my data file, it includes python script, which is run when I click start from processing interface and also .png images (figure below). How can I test it to know which causes this problem (nothing appear in my window)? Because there is no any error when I click .exe.

hi

i am sorry i am not familiar with python i am also still learning but in order to get help from whom can help you
you have to post part of your code

You are gradually explaining the problem until now, in the last post you explained the whole problem

It might be a path issue or something else for that

You just need to post the code

all respect to you

Hi,@jafal
I post the whole code in processing? because it is a large code. I mean that I explain with the text will be more clear?

Hello,

Your whole code is not required.

Try to generate a minimal, complete and verifiable example:

This process may even help you find a solution to this.

:)

1 Like