Can't run exe from exported Python sketch (Processing 3.5.4)

Hello,
I’m on Windows 10 (64-bit) and want to export a game I made using the Python mode for Processing last year to share it with others. I used Minim for sfx and music. I previously had different classes stored in different files but faced problems running the exported exe. So, I made a copy and combine all the files into one. The project still runs fine from the Processing editor. Now when I export (for windows, embedding Java for win64 not checked), it exports and has a single line error message:

console: Failed to install '': java.nio.charset.UnsupportedCharsetException: cp0.

I open the new application.windows64 folder in the sketch folder and run the exe. A loading window with the text Processing.py pops up and disappears after a few seconds. A window much larger than the preset dimensions I’ve coded appears, and it’s all gray. It immediately disappears after half a second. Before I combined the files into one, that window didn’t even appear.

Any pointers? I’ve searched the error on processing forums, but everyone’s gotten it trying to run a sketch in python mode, not exporting it.

1 Like

Hi, I’m sorry to hear about that. From the error, could it be some non-ascii chars on the path of some folder/asset? Some other Unicode string somewhere?

Thank you so much for your response. I don’t believe I have any non-ascii characters in my code… I forgot to mentioned, I’m loading level data from a text file. Maybe it’s the text file I stored the JSON data for the levels in? Pretty sure I only used ASCII characters in that though… I think the character set for my Levels.txt is UTF-8.

Not in your code, but on your project’s directory structure, path to any of your files or Processing files?