Creating a Testing Tool in Processing - Need Help Adding a New Sketch Tab and Run Button

I’m currently working on a project to develop a simple testing tool for Processing, and I’ve run into a bit of a roadblock. Here’s what I’m trying to achieve:

1. Adding a New Sketch Tab: I want the tool to seamlessly add a new sketch tab where users can write test cases for their sketches.
  2. Incorporating a ‘Run’ Button: Additionally, I’d like to include a ‘Run’ button within the Processing IDE that allows users to execute the test tool.

I’ve used the addFile() method, but it seems to add existing files to the project. When I attempt to use Java files, I encounter errors when running the tool in Processing. I’ve also come across a post by quark who was attempting something similar, but the information provided wasn’t quite enough for me to figure it out.

Hi @NebulaNine,

Sounds interesting, but would you please explain a bit more how you envision the process ?
I mean, what should the tests cover, or how should the test cases interact with the to testable sketch ?
Maybe you could outline this so that one can understand your intention a bit better?

Cheers
— mnse