Connect Procssing with Database

Hello everyone,
I’ve read that i can normally use java code with processing code in one program.
I created the following class to connect to MYSQL online server “which i created online”

import java.sql.*;
class Database
  {    
    void Database () 
      {        
      }
    void createDatabase ()
      {
        try
          {
            Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver");
            Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection ("jdbc:mysql://remotemysql.com:3306/gPQbxUed4a","gPQbxUed4a","********");
            Statement stmt = con.createStatement();
            stmt.executeQuery("use gPQbxUed4a;");
            stmt.executeQuery("create table emp(id int(10),name varchar(40),age int(3));");
            con.close();
          }
         catch (Exception e)
          {
            System.out.println(e);
          }
      }
  }

in the main sheet i create instance of the database and run createDatabase method

Database myDatabase = new Database();
 myDatabase.createDatabase();

after running the code a table should be created in my database. However, I’m checking the database and nothing is happeneed

0 Likes

Could you provide all the code, including the Processing code? The code you provided defines the class. You need to show the lines where the class is instantiated. I would recommend to work in a local environment before you attempt to connect to a server. It will be easier to debug your code.

You should consider checking the DB Manager tool and see if it works for you: https://forum.processing.org/two/discussion/21440/db-manager-for-processing

Kf

0 Likes

This looks wrong

The constructor is without void

0 Likes

Here is the code

Database myDatabase = new Database();

void setup()
{
  myDatabase.createDatabase();
}
0 Likes

You might be interested in the SQL Library for Processing.

There are also interesting example sketches connected with the DB Manager for Processing (mentioned earlier):

Also see:

0 Likes