Beta testers required

Hieveryone,
I’ve almost done my project, wich is a remake of the concept of jonobr1 and lullatone : a visualization of sounds, wich are corresponding to one letter of the keyboard. See https://www.patatap.com/ for the original project.
I still have to modify some details like harmonize all the colors and positions, and correct bugs I’ve found, but if some volunteers can help me to find maybe some bugs, it would be great.

You can find all the files at this repo (live version R4ph3rd.github.io) : https://github.com/R4ph3rd/R4ph3rd.github.io/tree/master

For now, I spot some errors, I don’t know why yet :
animZ doesn’t work correctly, unless I launch animB at the same time. The visual animation was before linked to the key B so I think I leave something linked to B lying around but I don’t see where.

To launch simultaneously animQ and aninM causes trouble with the function update of my Spring class used for spring effect of animQ

And it’s not really a bug, but animN display a lot of lines, so when you play it with others animations, everything slows down until freeze sometimes, and I have no solution to fix it without change too much the form…I have already reduced the number of line…

Thanks for yours coming feedbacks !

1 Like

When I hit ‘B’, it looks well. Is that any error?

The problem of access of sound file is that your “WAV” file has different fire extension name. Use “.wav” instead of “.WAV” should solve your problem.

When I hit ‘B’, it looks well. Is that any error?

Sorry, I was wrong, it’s animZ wich doesn’t work as it should be!

The problem of access of sound file is that your “WAV” file has different fire extension name. Use “.wav” instead of “.WAV” should solve your problem.

Ok, I’ll fix that, thanks

1 Like

Looks like a cool project! Enjoyed playing around with it.

I managed to get an error by running my fingers across the top, middle, and bottom line of keys quickly. It seemed to overload the program and the screen froze. Then about a second later it went black. Below is the console readout I got.

Running Firefox Quantum 64bit on Windows 7

I’d also suggest including the following in your html. It’ll get rid of the scroll bars on your window and make it look cleaner.

<style>
  body {
    margin:0;
    padding:0;
    overflow: hidden;
  }
  canvas {
    margin:auto;
  }
</style>

Thank you for your feedback !
Yeah, I spotted this new issue ; when Q and F are played at the same time, the Q animation is weird…

And the freeze, is due to Firefox I think. I can’t explain why, but Firefox is not very efficient for the use of the p5.js library, and sometimes, displaying troubles can appears, whereas Chrome run it well…
I use Chrome only for test my p5.js sketchs, so I was thinking that it’s due to the scripts I use on Firefox…

Thanks for your advice, I’ll do it !

1 Like

Ok, I think I fixed all troubles : R4ph3rd.github.io
But now I would like to add a new feature :
I use 4 sounds as backing track, and they are on different tones, as my others sounds also. I would like to force the tone of the shorts sounds to the tone of the current backing track (kind of autotune actually), but I don’t really know how I should proceed…
I saw this example wich module a frequency, but by working with a value of frequency, not a file : https://p5js.org/examples/sound-frequency-modulation.html
Is it possible to get all the current frequencies of a file, then modulate them to the right frequencies ? And if is it possible, will not it slow down too much the execution ?
thanks