Automatically scraping images/text/content from a website and posting them to Tumblr?

Hi all, I’m new to Javascript and to programming code in general. I’m wondering if there’s a way to automatically collect random images and text from a url, and then automatically posting them to a site like Tumblr or Wordpress.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Sure, you’re looking for two things:

• A web scraper
  • The Tumblr API

I’d recommend breaking your problem down into smaller steps and taking those steps on one at a time. For example, get a simple program that scrapes a single webpage working. Separately from that, get a simple program that uploads a single image to Tumblr working. If you get stuck on one of those steps, you can post a more specific technical question, which will make it easier to help you.

Also, if you’re doing a project like this, please respect copyrights. Taking photos from other artists and uploading them to your own site is not cool. Not saying that’s what you’re doing, but it’s definitely something to keep in mind as you figure it all out.

Good luck!

1 Like

Not for p5.js, but in Processing(Java) you can load lists of images from Google searches using the ImageLoader library: