Android Mode Midi - Tutorial request

Hi,

I’m looking for a tutorial about Midi in Android mode.
The Sensor Tutorial on Processing for Android is great, so something like that for android.media.midi would be really really helpful. Unfortunatly I couldn’t find anything on the web so far.

Best, sensn

@sensn===

can you be more precise? - Android supports natively midi files and can play them with media player…

I’m looking for a way to send CC and Sysex-data to an external hardware synth. I’d like to make a soundeditor-app, and I think this could be possible with Processing for android, but I don’t know how to set it up. I’d need to know how to implement MidiManager and Input/Output ports from android.media.midi.
Maybe a simple example how to send a Note-on event to a external hardware-synth would be enough to get started.

Thanks.

@sens===
i think that it s possible; i have done things of this kind with Eclipse but leave me some days for trying with P5…

Great. I don’t have any experience with eclipse, thats why i wanted to take the P5 route…
Just curious if it can be done. Let me know if you get some results.
Thanks.

I’m also looking for a MIDI Processing library that works inside an android device.
A year ago I tried with midibus which is incompatible with android. I created a sequencer in processing but I can not get a midi usb port on the android device to send notoON / noteOFF and CC messages.
I have easy transcribed the sequencer inside android studio but I’m not able to add what’s on android.media.midi.
The purpose is to use the touch screen with the processing sequencer i built to control with an android device a musical hardware with midi input.
Does anyone know if wesen/rwmidi work also inside android devices via USB?

I’m still interested in this topic too, I wonder why it’s not part of the ketai library?
Any news from akenaton?