Accessing a webcam via network library

Hi Processing group! I’m working on a project which uses the networking library in processing. Basically, the Client program draws on a canvas, and the coordinates are sent back to the Server program, which then takes that data and outputs it to a serial object (in this case, a CNC router). Everything is working swimmingly, except we want to have a live webcam feed as part of the program so the Client can see the CNC router drawing out their drawings.

Is there any way to send a webcam feed from the SERVER to the CLIENT program? It doesn’t have to be a super high framerate or quality.
Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Sorry to double post, but this may be helpful for others stumbling upon this in the future (although I’m still looking for help):
Seems like the easiest solution is to setup an IP Camera on the Server machine, like using YAWcam. Then, you can use IPcapture library on the client and display the camera. Maybe this isn’t the best way, and I’d still love to hear advice.

1 Like

Yes, you could use the UDP library. Dan Shifman has this library posted in his website and my understanding is that it was revamped so to transmit video images using UDP packages between computers.

Kf

1 Like