8x8 tech arts community

8x8

I’m Tom Chambers (creative technologist, artist and co-director of random quark). I’m starting a project showoff group/crit session for people making arts with technology. It’s a monthly meetup to share projects that use emerging technologies or custom tools to make things like generative graphics, interactive theatre, machine learning music, swarming robots and all sorts of other things that people use openFrameworks for! Starting Weds 3rd March at 7:30pm (UK time).

Format

you get up to 8 minutes to share and demo their project and there’s 8 minutes to critique it, feedback and discuss. Timing will be strict to give everyone a chance to share and so it doesn’t run on too long. We’ll be meeting once a month on zoom for now and things may get physical once the situation permits.

You are encouraged to bring along early stage projects just as much as fully realised ones. You can share an idea you’ve had and want to get feedback on how to go about it, you can bring a project you’re halfway with or you can show something you’ve finished and feel proud of.

Long term

The central element is sharing projects and getting feedback, that’s what I’ve found people are looking for when asking around. But the intention is also to grow this into a community peer group like you might get on a course that provides a place to build relationships, collaborate and create space for questions and debate.

Join in!

If this sounds interesting shoot me an email (tom.chambers@gmail.com) and say hi and sign up for a slot if you have something to share. I’ll invite you to the whatsapp group. If you can’t make this meeting sign up anyway for the future.

First meeting on Weds 3rd March at 7:30pm UK time. That’s tomorrow!

1 Like

The next meetup is on Wednesday 7th April UK time. Email me if you want to show your work or if you want to attend and see other people’s projects: tom.chambers@gmail.com, 3 slots still available.

2 Likes