🌸 Your Chance to Shape the Future of p5.js

Hi everyone!

Major announcement incoming…

:mega: The p5.js community is now inviting proposals for p5.js 2.0… and it’s a big deal! A major release allows us to make changes that are usually difficult or impossible: systemic changes, overdue changes, or even breaking changes. Except for bug fixes, we’re focusing all efforts on these changes until the 2.0 release.

The last major release was four years ago, so we don’t get this opportunity very often! To help us make the most of it, we have a brand new issue form just for p5.js 2.0 proposals, and we’re holding online video calls to facilitate community discussion.:mega:

If you’d like to learn more or contribute your own proposal, check out issue #6678 on the p5.js GitHub repository. If you have any questions about the process, please feel free to ask there, or right here on Discourse.

Thanks all!

Greg Stanton (@HigherMathNotes)
p5.js contributor

4 Likes

Hello! i am vaishnavi, A new contributor with medium level knowledge in javascript, python can I still be helpful in anyway to contributing to processing org? I don’t have knowledge about java so just wanted some suggestions

2 Likes

Hello @vaishnavi192. With your knowledge of JavaScript, you might want to contribute to p5.js! You’ll find more information about contributing on the contributor docs.

And if you have specific questions about contributing, there is a dedicated channel on the p5.js Discord.

1 Like

okay I joined thanks

Hello I Rupal Chandak , I want to contribute to processing organisation. I have knowledge in javascript, python can I still be helpful in anyway to contributing to processing org? I also have knowledge of React JS

Hi Rupal! Did you see this answer from @sableRaph? If you have any other questions, I’ll do my best to answer them. Thanks!

1 Like

Yes i have read the message of @sableRaph. and I will read that document

The Discord chhanel is not opening as the link expires…

This one should work: