World Premier Next Weekend

Some time ago I received a commission from the Boulder Philharmonic and Shreveport Symphony Orchestras to create a piece of visual music to accompany a live performance of a work by composer Cindy McTee entitled Circuits.

This coming Saturday, Feb 1 2020, is the world premier of it in Shreveport. So if you’re in Shreveport, or the ArkLaTex region, check it out: it promises to be an interesting concert.

The video will be displayed using a bit of technology from Ion Concert Media called Muséik, which links the visual playback to the conductor’s tempi, thus liberating the conductor from slavishly following a click track to sync the music to the visuals.

The piece will also be performed in Boulder on April 25.

I can’t share a link to the finished piece right now, but here’s a link to a teaser for it. I’ll provide a link to the full piece after the Boulder concert. And here’s a link to Ion’s content library where the piece is available for future public rental.

I cannot adequately express my gratitude to the processing community for 1) creating the tool I’ve long sought which allows me to do my art in the way I want to do it, and 2) for the tremendous support and comraderie here. Thank you.

7 Likes

I like this piece very much! Syncing music to generative art interests me greatly. Good Work!

1 Like

Syncing music to generative art interests me greatly.

Me too!

Thank you so much for the kind words. :grinning:

nice to share he end result (teaser video) , showing processing is capable beyond prototyping only. enjoyable to watch

1 Like

Beautiful work–very compelling teaser. Thank you so much for sharing it!

1 Like

Thank you very much, Jeremy.

And thank you very much for all your help! You (and a few others, but you especially) saved me countless hours with your technical expertise and suggestions. I really am deeply grateful.

On a different note, here’s the local write-up about the concert. I got a few nice lines.

1 Like

Just about now the concert in Boulder would begin. Myself, wife, and son had planned on driving from Toronto to attend, make it a nice family roadtrip vacation.

But, of course, the rest of the season was cancelled, just like every other non-essential service. (Though are music & art non-essential…?) I’ve been told by the conductor that the piece will be programmed for the 2022 season.

So in lieu of the concert I’ll simply release the piece now: Circuits

4 Likes