Updated Ultrasonic Scanning SoNAR

I am upgrading the scanning ultrasonic SONAR project. I want to add some buttons on the Processing Screen that will change Azimuth, Bearing, Range, Speed and Tilt for a second servo. I started wit the Lucky Larry project. I believe he is the originator of this system. As a former NAVY sonarman I see the improvements needed. Plus this was an excellent opportunity to develop a full duplex backbone for future arduino/processing projects. I have also added a Sharp IR ranging unit to this project which I hope to use in tandem with the U/S sensor. Ultimately this will be a navigation and mapping sensor pod for mobile robots. I have most of the upgrades working. Milestones hit: Modes working. Scan speeds working. Head tilt working.I/R data is being passed but not used yet To do: Having the buttons stay lit after selection. Getting the infrared sensor displayed in blue with the overlap in purple. Leveling the sensor head with a gyro. I stood on the shoulders of giants to get started and have had help from some pretty big people to get me this far

.https://www.facebook.com/lane.barry.5/videos/10220667280340727/

5 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing this video! This likes like an impressive amount of work – congratulations on your progress.

Are you also planning on sharing any source related to this – now or in the future?

I was. But, my laptop died while out of town. So all of the code was lost. Starting all over again.

image.png

So sorry to hear it. Very best of luck!

I posted this looking for collaborators as this is an inexpensive project but also very challenging.

image.png

3 Likes