Understanding project AR Image markers(Android Mode)

Hi fellow developers, I’ve recently started with Open Source contribution and am incredibly excited about GSOC. I went through the topic of AR Image Markers for Android and the related documents. I just wanted to confirm that I was on the right track. What I have understood is, that:

1. As listed in this thread (Android AR / marker as anchor / drawing obj?) we want to add AR image markers to the processing-android repo.
  2. Just like the PlaneRenderer and Background Renderer, we want to add an Image marker feature that can detect and augment 2D images in the user’s environment, such as posters or product packaging. (As given in: Add dimension to images  |  ARCore  |  Google Developers)

What I’m doubtful about is:

1. Whether we want to use Google Ar Core Package to implement this or develop our own from scratch.
  2. Whether we want the feature in either Java or Kotlin. Or both of them?
2 Likes

cc @Andres @AdityaRana

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: GSoC 2023: Join the Processing Foundation as a Summer of Code Contributor!

A post was merged into an existing topic: GSoC 2023: Join the Processing Foundation as a Summer of Code Contributor!

Hi, Hope everyone’s doing great :blush:
Progress: Success in setting up Processing as well as Processing-Android, despite the fact that the first one uses Java 8 and the next uses Java 11.
Problem Faced: I messed up real bad and got so frustrated, that I reinstalled Ubuntu for a fresh start. Took me 4 days, but now I can switch between Java versions real fast using terminals. :slight_smile:
Proposal: I’m thinking of compiling an easy step-by-step documentation for newbies like me to set up the right environment, because sorry to say, but the arduous task of setting up the Development Environment is enough to forestall newbies for days.
Help Needed: I’m unable to understand what’s being done from step 3 onwards. Please guide me here. (processing-android/mode/libraries/ar at main · processing/processing-android · GitHub)
Best Regards,
Gaurav :slightly_smiling_face:

TLDR

1. Environment Set
  2. Want to make a doc for easy and quick setup.(For Android + Processing on Ubuntu)
  3. Can’t replicate from step- 3 in the link above.

cc @Andres @AdityaRana @sableRaph

1 Like

hi @sableRaph , I have resolved @Deadra 's issues / issues.

2 Likes