Syphon library crash

I’ve been happily running the Syphon library, then one day to the next it fails to run, with this error.

Nothing has changed, not software update or anything. I’ve tried to clean install the Syphon library and I still get the same error. Is there perhaps underlying libraries that have been corrupted?

#

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

#

# SIGILL (0x4) at pc=0x00007ff806708def, pid=1801, tid=11011

#

# JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment Temurin-17.0.8+7 (17.0.8+7) (build 17.0.8+7)

# Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Temurin-17.0.8+7 (17.0.8+7, mixed mode, sharing, tiered, compressed oops, compressed class ptrs, g1 gc, bsd-amd64)

# Problematic frame:

# C [CoreFoundation+0x1cedef] CFEqual.cold.1+0xe

#

# No core dump will be written. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again

#

# An error report file with more information is saved as:

# /var/folders/vp/s_91jgz16qq7vnnyhjtzhr_c0000gn/T//hs_err_pid1801.log

#

# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:

# https://github.com/adoptium/adoptium-support/issues

# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.

# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

#

Could not run the sketch (Target VM failed to initialize).

For more information, read Help → Troubleshooting.

Hi @olliebown,

The easiest way to get feedback on a library issue is to directly open one on their GitHub repository:

EDIT: this is the linked issue:

1 Like

Thanks. It is now also solved, at least in workaround terms. The Syphon library falls over if there is a second monitor plugged in! This is a devious bug as nothing indicates it. You just have to notice that this was the configuration change that triggered it! Will update Github issue. Thank you.

1 Like