Can't add Syphon library through library manager

Hi there,

I apologize in advance if my information is not specific enough. I am unable to import the Syphon library into Processing v2.2.1 through the Library Manager. I’ve attached screencaps of the error I receive. How can I resolve this and add the library? I have to use v2.2.1 for my current project.

1. Forum.Processing.org/two/discussion/17722/error-opening-processing-was-using-3-and-tried-to-install-2-now-none-of-them-open
  2. Forum.Processing.org/two/discussion/26894/processing-1-5-will-no-longer-open-on-my-computer-and-p3-won-t-run-generative-gestaltung-code

Hi jhow,

On the GitHub repository of the library, it is written the following:

Syphon library for Processing 2.0 and up. Note that latest revision on master is compatible with 3.0 only. Use the v2 branch for the last version compatible with 2.0.

I guess that you need to manually install the proper version of the library so it can be compatible with your version of processing.

Here a link to help you with that: How to Install a Contributed Library · processing/processing Wiki · GitHub

Thanks for your reply! When I try to download the 2.0 version of the library, I am unable to manually add it to my libraries folder (~/Documents/Processing/libraries/), I suspect because the folder structure is incorrect. Also, there is nothing even in the “Java” folder in the download from GitHub. Is this why I am getting the Java alerts? And how should I be structuring my folders to actually manually add the library? I’ve attached a screen shot of what the unzipped file looks like from GitHub.

Another pic

Hi jhow,

Sorry for the delay…

Did you solve your problem? It seems that your are not in the correct folder. I’m not on mac but I think it should be the same than on windows.

You Processing folder should be called “Processing” and not “Processing_2_0”. It is not where processing is installed, it’s a folder created by processing in you documents folder.

My documents/Processing folder looks like this:
ProcessingFolder

And in the libraries folder I have all my labraries installed:
LibrariesFolder

1 Like

Hopefully this is resolved, but in case anyone else is in this situation - the latest version of Syphon for Processing 2 can be downloaded here:

https://github.com/Syphon/Processing/releases/download/latestv2/Syphon.zip

Unzip it and install it to ~/Documents/Processing/libraries

1 Like