[SOLVED] Using minim getLineIn() to listen to the speaker output

I want to use minim to visualise the music playing on my computer from spotify. I have looked around online and the only way I have found to do this is to use stereo mix which my computer doesn’t support. I have found a work around by connecting my phone via aux cable to the microphone and having windows listen to the mic. But this comes with the problem of loud pops from the cable whenever the song changes. The only other way I have found is something called Windows WASAPI that Audacity uses to loopback the speaker output but I can’t find any way for minim to use this.
Does anyone know any libraries that support this or can think of another way of solving this problem?
Thank you for any help.

1 Like

Unfortunately anything that uses JavaSound is unlikely to support this. You might be able to do it with Beads and the JACK backend (if you can get JACK to work on your system) or possibly JSyn with PortAudio.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I ended up finding a virtual audio cable called VB-Audio VoiceMeeter and that worked a charm for looping the audio around.

1 Like