Sharing code to help the community

Regarding some of the things you have been working on – there are a few existing implementations that I’m aware of. Possibly worth consulting for ideas, contributing to or forking, or differentiating from.

Wave Function Collapse

One approach to Wave Function Collapse in Processing is here:

with an extensive previous discussion started by @solub here: "Wave Collapse Function" algorithm in Processing

Delaunay Triangulation

There are a few implementations, but the Mesh Library by Lee Byron is one of the longest established / best known.

http://leebyron.com/mesh/

However, that doesn’t mean that a different approach doesn’t have value! In practice, often several different implementations suit different needs. For example, there are multiple Processing libraries that each wrap JBox2D for 2D physics. Also, sometimes a recent / up-to-date implementation is a contribution in itself, as libraries can grow old and stop working (as well) with recent versions of Processing or PDE.

If you are interested in browsing for what is already out there while working on your own code to help the community, try searching the forum for keywords. You can also check out Archive for Processing, which mirrors several hundred github repos of interest.

Cellular Automata

For CA libraries, I’m not sure. I believe there was once a Processing2 CA library by Francis A. Bitonti ~2007-09 – see wayback archives:

…and I believe there there is a writeup of a CA library for Processing(?) by Brandon James DeHart ~2011.

However, I don’t personally know of one that works for Processing 3 today. Maybe somebody else will have a suggestion.

The two existing one-off CA demos in the Processing example set are “wolfram” and “gameoflife”:

1 Like