As the title already states, I’ve recently remembered on of my favourite sketches from many years ago, but am not able to find it anywhere online, since I forgot both the name of the project and the artist. I thought it would be part of the Exhibition, but no luck.
Key elements I remember:
- a white stage into which you draw black lines with the mouse
- you draw the lines in 2D, but the stage rotates automatically and slowly (around the vertical axis), so you end up creating an abstract 3D sculpture
- every drawing of a line is recorded and then it’s path repeatedly traced over again with a red marker
- for each line tracing a simple (sinus?) sound would play, the height of the sound corresponding to the position of the marker in the stage
- by drawing several squiggly lines you could create pretty neat audio-visual sculptural landscapes
- I think it offered access to the sketch source code - as did so many of the sketches from that time
- if I’m not completely mistaken, it’s from around the same timeframe when Complexification was all the rage. So around 2011/12?
Anybody remember that sketch, who made it and possibly where I could find it again?