Searching someone for a collaboration for a driver camera

Hello,

First i apologize if i don’t post this message at the good place because i dont’ really know where to post it so i try here.

I’am looking for a collaboration with someone who can help me for a driver for my cameras.
I’ve got two cameras from Imaging Source “DFK 23UV024” that i’ve used for my project “SOLARIS” (performance with SOLARIS at “Perte de Signal”)
Those cameras runs on PC or Linux but i’am now coding a new version of SOLARIS on MAC with Processing, but can’t find MAC drivers for those cameras… what can be the solution before considering to sell them ?
I could try to code it by myself but i know that it’s over my skill…

Thanks for contacts or advices.

Hi @animalfrommars,

It seems like it’s a complicated task! :wink:

Their Linux driver code is accessible on GitHub:

Making it work on MacOS would require you to investigate their CMake build configuration, dependencies and MacOS internals / specific libraries…

Unless you know how their camera software works (they know it better), I don’t think it’s feasible without deeper knowledge. You can still try to contact them.

Why don’t you switch to Linux, do you use MacOS for a specific reason?

1 Like

Did you use Processing for the project originally? If so, how did you interface with the cameras?

I did some work for a client a couple of years ago with those cameras (medical research project). They were “fun” to work with at times. It doesn’t sound easy to fork the drivers. Why not Linux for this? And if you’re stuck on macOS, have you tried contacting the company? They were pretty helpful with our issues.

PS. Interesting looking project, and at a great organisation! :smile:

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for your advices.
Yes sure it could be complicated for me to create my own driver. I’am not able to do that.
May be it’s a good idea for me to work on Linux… i would like to try it. Wich version of linux would you advice to me ? Could you send me more information about this ? I don’t know where to start.

Originally SOLARIS was programm with Max/MSP by one of my freind and running on PC laptop. But now I want to reprogram it in Processing in order to be able to make it evolve by myself without intermediary.

Thank you for your compliments for SOLARIS, Performing at “Perte de Signal” at Montreal was a wonderful experience for me. Super place, super people !

Linux versions are called distributions, they include several software, package managers, drivers… Popular distributions are Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Debian, Pop!_OS, Elementary, Fedora…

I am currently running Pop!_OS which is based on Ubuntu and provides a great user interface with easy to use tools: https://pop.system76.com/

To install Linux, the basic steps are:

• Find a computer where you can delete everything
  • Download the distribution of choice and flash it on a USB device
  • Boot your machine with your USB device plugged in and boot on the installation media
  • Launch the installer, format your disk, create users…
  • Start using Linux, learn the command line, configure it, install apps…

Enjoy! :wink:

1 Like

Hello Josephh,
Thank you so much for your advices.
I 'm going to try this.

Hello Henry,

I’ve installed PopOS. It seems to be very cool and a good solution for me.
But for the moment the linux driver from “Imaging source” does’nt work…
have you got informations or advices for this problem ?

Thanks.

Hi @animalfrommars,

Glad it worked for you! :yum:

How did you install the driver? From the release page?

Since it’s a .deb package you can install it with sudo dpkg -i my_package.deb.

After that you can try (in a terminal window):

$ tcam-ctrl --version
$ tcam-ctrl --packages
$ tcam-capture

(see the different tools here)

Hello Neilcsmith,

Thank you for your advises.

I have contacted Imaging Source.

It works… but not very well because I have just discovered that my cameras are still no longer maintained by Imaging source.
Fortunately, a professional from this company sent me some tips.
With this line of code “export TCAM_DISABLE_DEVICE_BLACKLIST=1”, I can disable cameras from the blacklist…
So it works, I have access to the cameras but I need to write this line of code each time I use them, which is inconvenient and half the time one of the two cameras is not not recognized… the driver is not stable.
Another problem seems to come from the Processing because all the images from the cameras are in black and white and it writes this:

can’t load library mp3lame (mp3lame|libmp3lame|libmp3lame-0) with -Djna.library.path=/home/animalfrommars/sketchbook/libraries/video/library/linux-amd64. Last error:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library ‘mp3lame’:
/home/animalfrommars/sketchbook/libraries/video/library/linux-amd64/libmp3lame.so: fichier trop court
/home/animalfrommars/sketchbook/libraries/video/library/linux-amd64/libmp3lame.so: fichier trop court
/home/animalfrommars/sketchbook/libraries/video/library/linux-amd64/libmp3lame.so.0: fichier trop court
Native library (linux-x86-64/libmp3lame.so) not found in resource path (/tmp/processing/GettingStartedCapture13236929761668186605temp:/home/animalfrommars/processing-4.2/core/library/jogl-all.jar:/home/animalfrommars/processing-4.2/core/library/core.jar:/home/animalfrommars/processing-4.2/core/library/gluegen-rt.jar:/home/animalfrommars/sketchbook/libraries/video/library/jna.jar:/home/animalfrommars/sketchbook/libraries/video/library/gst1-java-core-1.4.0.jar:/home/animalfrommars/sketchbook/libraries/video/library/video.jar)
can’t load library nice (nice|libnice|libnice-0) with -Djna.library.path=/home/animalfrommars/sketchbook/libraries/video/library/linux-amd64. Last error:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library ‘nice’:
/home/animalfrommars/sketchbook/libraries/video/library/linux-amd64/libnice.so: fichier trop court
/home/animalfrommars/sketchbook/libraries/video/library/linux-amd64/libnice.so: fichier trop court
libcrypto.so.1.1: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d’objet partagé: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
Native library (linux-x86-64/libnice.so) not found in resource path (/tmp/processing/GettingStartedCapture13236929761668186605temp:/home/animalfrommars/processing-4.2/core/library/jogl-all.jar:/home/animalfrommars/processing-4.2/core/library/core.jar:/home/animalfrommars/processing-4.2/core/library/gluegen-rt.jar:/home/animalfrommars/sketchbook/libraries/video/library/jna.jar:/home/animalfrommars/sketchbook/libraries/video/library/gst1-java-core-1.4.0.jar:/home/animalfrommars/sketchbook/libraries/video/library/video.jar)
can’t load library openh264 (openh264|libopenh264|libopenh264-0) with -Djna.library.path=/home/animalfrommars/sketchbook/libraries/video/library/linux-amd64. Last error:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library ‘openh264’:
/home/animalfrommars/sketchbook/libraries/video/library/linux-amd64/libopenh264.so: fichier trop court
/home/animalfrommars/sketchbook/libraries/video/library/linux-amd64/libopenh264.so: fichier trop court
/home/animalfrommars/sketchbook/libraries/video/library/linux-amd64/libopenh264.so.6: fichier trop court
Native library (linux-x86-64/libopenh264.so) not found in resource path (/tmp/processing/GettingStartedCapture13236929761668186605temp:/home/animalfrommars/processing-4.2/core/library/jogl-all.jar:/home/animalfrommars/processing-4.2/core/library/core.jar:/home/animalfrommars/processing-4.2/core/library/gluegen-rt.jar:/home/animalfrommars/sketchbook/libraries/video/library/jna.jar:/home/animalfrommars/sketchbook/libraries/video/library/gst1-java-core-1.4.0.jar:/home/animalfrommars/sketchbook/libraries/video/library/video.jar)
Processing video library using bundled GStreamer 1.20.3 (CVS)
Scanning GStreamer plugins…
(Processing core video:4418): GStreamer-WARNING **: 21:35:39.759: Failed to load plugin ‘/home/animalfrommars/sketchbook/libraries/video/library/linux-amd64/gstreamer-1.0/libgstdtls.so’: libcrypto.so.1.1: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d’objet partagé: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
0:00:00.135840952 e[33m 4418e[00m 0x7f00781f9ad0 e[31;01mERROR e[00m e[00m openh264dec gstopenh264dec.cpp:461:openh264dec_element_init:e[00m Incorrect library version loaded, expecting OpenH264 version:2.1.1.2005
0:00:00.135872190 e[33m 4418e[00m 0x7f00781f9ad0 e[31;01mERROR e[00m e[00m openh264enc gstopenh264enc.cpp:1067:openh264enc_element_init:e[00m Incorrect library version loaded, expecting OpenH264 version:2.1.1.2005

(Processing core video:4418): GStreamer-WARNING **: 21:35:39.816: Failed to load plugin ‘/home/animalfrommars/sketchbook/libraries/video/library/linux-amd64/gstreamer-1.0/libgsthls.so’: libcrypto.so.1.1: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d’objet partagé: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

(Processing core video:4418): GStreamer-WARNING **: 21:35:39.820: Failed to load plugin ‘/home/animalfrommars/sketchbook/libraries/video/library/linux-amd64/gstreamer-1.0/libgstopenjpeg.so’: libopenjp2.so.2: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d’objet partagé: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

(Processing core video:4418): GStreamer-WARNING **: 21:35:40.406: Failed to load plugin ‘/home/animalfrommars/sketchbook/libraries/video/library/linux-amd64/gstreamer-1.0/libgstaes.so’: libcrypto.so.1.1: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d’objet partagé: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

I wonder what I need to modify/install in Processing.
I’m also wondering if I should try to find a professional linux programmer who can update my cameras driver?

AnimalFromMars.