Receive OSC by Processing: A little bit Help is needed

Dear Community,
I’m in the moment / to stupid to get a OSC Connection between Iannix and Processing.
The Iannix will send on 127.0.1.1 on Port 57120 and with the Address /cursor.
I need the First Parameter which will be send a Integer.
So I need a little bit help

Thank’s on advance

CreCo
Thomas Lahme

I’m not sure how exactly Iannix works, but you could try executing

String[] data = loadStrings("127.0.1.1:57120");

and then print that to see what does it gives you. And if it gives you the right data, you could try working on that - chopping strings, converting to ints, etc etc…

Ok, this will crash my Processing Script. So it must give another way. With Supercollider it would get. But Supercollider is for making music. And I will try to make modern Art with Processing too.

Ok, I have found a solution for my problem.
And I have reduce it to the minimal code I need.

It’s the following script:

import oscP5.*;
    import netP5.*;

OscP5 oscP5;

void setup() {
      frameRate(25);
      oscP5 = new OscP5(this,57120);
    }
    void draw() {
      background(0);  
    }

void oscEvent(OscMessage theOscMessage) {
      if(theOscMessage.checkAddrPattern("/cursor") == true) {
          Float OSCvalue = theOscMessage.get(0).floatValue();
          println(" values: "+OSCvalue);
          return;
        }
    }

Now I can read the first parameter who would been Floats. But I can not read the second and behind Values. Please can anybody give me a tip.

So I have now tested this script and I knew the Parameters all easy to call. But what Type are this:
cursor_value_y - y mapped coordinate of the running cursor
Values.
It’s seems it is not float, and it is not String, but what in the hell is it ???

A simple way I know of finding out what type a variable is, is by comparing it to a number and seeing the resulting error message. Try adding this code:

println(cursor_value_y > "hi");

And it should give an error message that is something like The operator > is undefined for the argument type(s) TypeThing, String where TypeThing would be the type of cursor_value_y.