Question about creating a particle text animation

Hey guys! I recently created a font for my typography class and I was wondering how can I make my text consisting of smaller squarish particles/metaballs, just for the sake of better visual presentation.
I am particularly interested in achieving a result similar to the following one Generative Typography - Pong - OpenProcessing, however, my coding skills are not as advanced, so it’s pretty hard for me to understand everything, plus I don’t plan on copying the code.

Is there any easier way to do it? Where should I start? Can you recommend me some reading materials? Here is my code for the time being

PGraphics img;
PFont font;

void setup() {
  size(800, 800);
  img = createGraphics(width, height);
  font = createFont("insert your font here.otf",800);
  img.beginDraw();
  img.background(255);
  img.fill(0);
  img.textFont(font);
  img.textSize(900);
  img.textAlign(CENTER, CENTER);
  img.text("R", img.width/2-25, img.height/2-50);
  img.endDraw();
}

void draw() {
  for (int x = 0; x < 800; x = x + 15) {
    for (int y = 0; y < 800; y = y + 15) {
      if (img.get (x, y) == color(0)) {
        //rect(x,y,10, 10);
        rect(x,y,11,11);
      }
    }
  }
}

While doing research on the topic, I found the useful Geomerative library, but sadly I have an issue installing it. I literally tried everything, from reinstalling the program (on both of my drives) and removing all the extra libraries, but for some reason, it still doesn’t work. Looking forward to your support! :innocent:

1 Like

what about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hA7G3gup-4

1 Like

You need to uninstall the SVG import library in order to run geomerative. That is what the error message is indicating. The issue is that they both using the same sublibrary (batik) which causes a conflict.