Processing Download Issue MacOS

please format code with </> button * homework policy * asking questions

Hi everyone - I am a high school teacher in the midst of some lesson planning that uses Processing and suddenly I am no longer able to open the Processing software on my Mac using the CatalinaOS. I am not sure why this is, as previously I’ve never had any issues. I tried re-installing both Processing and Java with no luck. Hoping someone can help me troubleshoot.

This is what I see when I try to open the software after I have gone through the installation process:

Hi,

Welcome to the forum! :wink:

I think that your issue is described in this issue on the GitHub repository :

This is what benfry wrote :

Resolved for 4.x. It’s looking for a folder called “modes” or “tools” in your sketchbook and not finding it. Not sure why it would be missing on your machine, but creating one should fix the issue until the fixed version is available.

So you should try to create a modes or tools folder inside your sketchbook folder (usually in your home directory).

1 Like

Hi there - I checked this, and I actually already have both a “modes” and a “tools” folder inside my sketchbook folder.

Thank you for this suggestion though, if you think of anything else, I am all ears! Hoping I can figure this out soon…

1 Like