Processing 4 Core Maven Artifact

I’ve set up a Github repo that hosts Processing 4’s core library as a Maven dependency/artifact via JitPack.

Now you can easily use the newer Processing core in a Maven project (the last version on mvnrepository.com is approaching 3 years old!).

Instructions on the repo readme:

3 Likes

I had same problem so took your idea and made GitHub - maxandersen/processing4 at jitpack and now I can use latest version from https://jbang.dev using:

//REPOS jitpack,mavencentral
//DEPS com.github.maxandersen:processing4:jitpack-SNAPSHOT

The difference is I added jitpack.yml and forked from the real repo making it fairly trivial to stay uptodate.

1 Like

I don’t know whether you noted that the latest processing uses “jogl/v2.4.0-rc-20210111”? It makes quite a difference.

Thanks for sharing these! The current Processing Maven landscape that I am aware of (IANA Maven user):

For related discussion of the origins of the unofficial 3.3.7 maven distribution by poqudrof used in papart, why it fell out of date at 3.3.7 while Processing continued to 3.5.4, and the fact that there is no official Maven distribution of Processing 3.x or 4.x, see:

Edit added libp5x

Unfortunately that library is not published in maven central either nor is it to be found in Index of /deployment/maven/org/jogamp/jogl/jogl-all-main - seems like published stopped in 2016 ;/

Unfortunately can’t figure out where the true source repo are for that latest version…

so its out of date because noone is maintaining it but afaics it can be automated - the biggest challenge is that the dependencies processing has is also not in any maven repository making it much harder to make easy to maintain ;/

libp5x, which is Processing 3.5.3 modularized and adapted to use Java 11+ and LWJGL, is published via Maven Central. Also some examples at - GitHub - codelerity/libp5x-examples: Examples using libp5x

It will be updated to be compatible with Processing 4 at some point after that has a final release. Although some of the gains are already there.

1 Like

Processing4 builds OK with jogl-2.3.2, but you really need the jogl-2.4-rc jars at runtime, in my ruby processing projects I use a Rakefile to copy jars into my rubygems. Although it seems someone has posted maven artifacts.