No serial library Processing for smartphone. Help

Clear.
but I am not a very fast programmer, now I am busy at work, I can only check it late at night at home. thanks.

2021_05_12_11_14_14
2021_05_12_11_22_14

How do normal people get the finished apk in APDE processing? not all, how do I use the additional total commander program to extract the apk installed on the system?
2021_05_12_11_09_30

what version of apde are you using?

1 Like

finally a full guide to install libraries on apde

• Installation Steps
  • If the library is in a ZIP or other type of compressed file, then extract it.
  • Copy the extracted folder to the libraries folder in the Sketchbook folder and rename it to the desired name of the library., e.g. “path/to/Sketchbook/libraries/Ketai/”.
  • Ensure that the library JAR file is located in the “library” folder in the library’s folder with the same name as the enclosing folder, e.g. “Ketai/library/Ketai.jar”. Copy any additional JAR files to this folder.
  • Optionally, ensure that the library’s examples are located in the “examples” folder in the library’s folder, e.g. “Ketai/examples/”.
  • Optionally, ensure that the “library.properties” file is located at the root of the library’s folder, e.g. “Ketai/library.properties”.
  • Create a new folder at the same level as the “library” folder with the name “library-dex”, e.g. “Ketai/library-dex/”.
  • Open APDE and navigate to (action overflow) > Tools > Import Library > Manage Libraries > (action overflow) > DX Dexer. Note: The library should already appear in the list, but it has not been fully installed yet.
  • In the “Input File” text box, enter the path to the library JAR file, e.g. “path/to/Sketchbook/libraries/Ketai/library/Ketai.jar”. You may use the file select button to aid in locating this file.
  • In the “Output File” text box, enter the same path as above, but change the “library” folder to “library-dex” and change the library JAR file to “libraryName-dex.jar”, e.g. “path/to/Sketchbook/libraries/Ketai/library-dex/Ketai-dex.jar”.
  • Press the “Dex” button. Wait for the dexing process to complete.
  • Repeat steps 7 through 10 for any additional library JAR files.
  • When the dialog closes, the library has been fully installed. It will now be automatically added to any sketch with the import statements at the top.

I havent tested all of these yet but I have attempted the traditional way and couldnt get them to load.

There have been many problems reported with adding libraries to apde

So I’ve managed to successfully install the jcomms library after a few failed attempts here are the steps I followed

then

and select

• 6 install the library manually using the following steps

in your sketchBook folder create a new libraries folder. Here add a new folder with the name of your library (they must match), in that folder create a new folder called library, and in that folder add your jar file.

This will now allow you to be install them using the apde add library process

2 Likes

@paulgoux all my APDE libraries install this way

1 Like

I have all versions.

just use the latest version. I’ve posted a full guide above to install libraries, and so has Jafal. I understand you may be struggling, but the solution is there.

With both of these posts you should be able to

A add permissions.
B add libraries.

Please make sure to follow the instructions carefully, and report any problems.

1 Like

@paulgoux look for peasy library you have to do the procedure twice one for math file and one for cam file

2 Likes

Is that a question or a statement?

2 Likes

no statement i have install it last year with same procedure but i made it twice for each jar file otherwise it wont run

2 Likes

yes

@ZENAR57 a way from serial take look at this

1 Like

yes

2 Likes

yes that is true i did post photo up but you did not notice it

1 Like

coding is hard and some struggle to learn, but if i can give some positivity, its that after a while eventually things begin to make sense, then all those things we struggled with become understanding.

1 Like

yes but there is many here are creatives

2 Likes

@ZENAR57 Did you get serial working in your development environment (APDE, Android only and no PC)?

I have now!
I did this with Processing for Android (development on PC) to test the library.

I followed instructions on this site:

I got an OTG cable yesterday.

I wrote a very minimal sketch:

• Arduino Mega is is counting up and sending data every 500ms.
  • Android is receiving and display count to the screen.

It is working!

I may try your approach in the future but not anytime soon. I am very busy these days.

:)

2 Likes