Multiple images to video

Hi

I have 140 folders, each having 35 pictures. All the images have the exact same resolution.
I would like to make a video of all pictures in a way that each picture is shown for only 1/30th of a second.

I need help to write a processing code to loop over all the folders, read the pictures, and record them to a video.

PS. I am using a windows 10 machine and not very familiar with Linux environment.

Well there is an actual “Movie Maker” tool that already comes with Processing… maybe that can be what you’re looking for? I’ve actually only used that once, but I do know that you can mess around with the frameRate and all of that. But I know I’m giving you a technical solution instead of providing a start to some code that could do similar. Would you still want to work on some code for this?

Thanks,
EnhancedLoop7

Thanks for the reply.

If there is a tool for this then perfect!
I just need to create this video from the images.
Maybe a link?

Ok I actually found the tool
Thanks for that.
But Now do I really need to copy and paste all the pictures from 140 folders into one folder?
Is there an easier way?

Hmm directly through Movie Maker? Sadly as far as I know, I don’t think so. I think you’re going to have to find a way to put all of those pictures together in the same folder. I don’t know if there is a way to go through folders, extract their pictures, and put them all into one folder, though I’m sure a way exists. Let me know what you think?

EnhancedLoop7

Actually figures it out…
I used the windows search on the parent directory and I searched for . which returns everything. A little Ctrl+X and Ctrl+V did the job.

Thanks
Cheers,

1 Like

Awesome! Glad that turned out well :smiley:

EnhancedLoop7