Minim delay & other effects

Hi there, I am writing a small program to record audio and apply some basic effects from the minim library, delay & flanger etc. I have implimented the record feature and it works fine however trying to patch effects is giving me trouble as I cant figure out what im patching through them. In the delay example for example, they patch an oscillator blip through the delay [myBlip.patch(myDelay).patch(out);] but since my audio is recorded already [as “myrecording.wav”] I cant figure out what way i can patch this through. do I patch in the input, the output or do i patch in the audio file after its been recorded/saved? If so how would I go about this?

1 Like

Hi i’m trying to do the same as you and i’m stuck with the same problem, did you find the way to solve it?

Hi @zqviel and @Froschgelb. You have to use the FilePlayer class: Minim/FilePlayer.java at master · ddf/Minim (github.com)
There is also an example here: Minim/examples/Synthesis/filePlayerExample at master · ddf/Minim (github.com)
It works similar to the AudioPlayer, except it can patch its output to another UGen. Here is an example to get you started.

import ddf.minim.effects.*;
import ddf.minim.ugens.*;
import ddf.minim.spi.AudioRecordingStream;

Minim minim;
AudioRecordingStream audio;
Delay myDelay;
AudioOutput out;
FilePlayer groove;

void setup()
{
  size(512, 200);

minim = new Minim(this);