Live counting small size particles in a video

Hello Everyone !

I am trying to get the live count of particles in a particular video frame , which is of really small size upto 1mm.

Kindly help me out with the blobscanner library and suggest me some methods to count the particles in the video frame with updation of values.

( I used the Blob Detection tutorial but unfortunately the colors are spread and the accuracy is not tangible )

Any help would be a great change in this as I am new to processing.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Were you able to get this working?

1mm isn’t really a measure in image processing – the question is how many pixels across your blobs are. When you say β€œparticles” – are they photographs of things (like through a camera / microscope) or are they computer generated CGI particles? Sharing an example image – or an example of an image that is like your data – would help a lot in understanding other aspects of your problem like perspective, focus, lighting etc.

Thank you for the reply :slight_smile:
This is the sample image image

I would like to count them in real-time , I have already extracted the contours by using the predefined library. Now I should have a real time count , Kindly walk me through the process.

Which library are you using? opencv-processing, or boofcv? If you do blob detection then you will have a count – the size of your blob array.