Java Error When Running GLVideo Example

Hi, I’m working on a video playback project for the Pi, when I try to run the GLVideo library SingleVideo example (or any other GLVideo example), I get the following error message:

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0xb6917c3c, pid=5420, tid=5436
#
# JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment Temurin-17.0.5+8 (17.0.5+8) (build 17.0.5+8)
# Java VM: OpenJDK Server VM Temurin-17.0.5+8 (17.0.5+8, mixed mode, sharing, g1 gc, linux-arm)
# Problematic frame:
# V  [libjvm.so+0x74cc3c]  PhaseIdealLoop::build_loop_late_post_work(Node*, bool)+0x2c0
#
# No core dump will be written. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /home/hhaudio/Desktop/processing-4.1.1/hs_err_pid5420.log
#
# Compiler replay data is saved as:
# /home/hhaudio/Desktop/processing-4.1.1/replay_pid5420.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   https://github.com/adoptium/adoptium-support/issues
#
Could not run the sketch (Target VM failed to initialize).
For more information, read Help → Troubleshooting.

Any idea what is causing this or how I could fix it?

When installing the 64-bit version on the 64-bit OS I get something similar, also having to do with java:

UnsatisfiedLinkError: no glvideo in java.library.path: :/home/hhaudio/Desktop/processing-4.1.1/core/library/linux-aarch64:/home/hhaudio/sketchbook/libraries/glvideo/library:/usr/java/packages/lib:/usr/lib64:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no glvideo in java.library.path: :/home/hhaudio/Desktop/processing-4.1.1/core/library/linux-aarch64:/home/hhaudio/sketchbook/libraries/glvideo/library:/usr/java/packages/lib:/usr/lib64:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib
at processing.opengl.PSurfaceJOGL.lambda$initAnimator$2(PSurfaceJOGL.java:411)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)
A library used by this sketch relies on native code that is not available.
UnsatisfiedLinkError: no glvideo in java.library.path: :/home/hhaudio/Desktop/processing-4.1.1/core/library/linux-aarch64:/home/hhaudio/sketchbook/libraries/glvideo/library:/usr/java/packages/lib:/usr/lib64:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib

Anyone have a link to a processing install that just works? This used to be easy on the old raspberry pi models…

Giving this a bump. Not seeing these particular error messages (especially the 32-bit version errors) anywhere else online. Any help much appreciated.

I’ve recently tried to get video to work with rpi4. I never got GLVideo to work at all. I got the contributed video library to work, but the video performs terribly, choppy, slow fps and the loop() function is unstable.