Is it Possible / Best Practices for 4k Video?

I am looking to make a simple sketch that plays back 4k video (3840 x 2160) at 60 FPS.

I am familiar enough with video in Processing but am curious about any limitations or best practices when it comes to handling larger video resolutions and files.

For instance, is 4k (3840 x 2160) able to be properly displayed at 60 FPS? Sometimes when I run seemingly simple sketches the FPS counter goes below 60. I am on a maxed out 2015 15" MacBook Pro with all files on the SSD. Will be displaying on an external 4k monitor.

A further question would be on the programming side. Can I just display this in draw() or should I put the video through a PGraphics object to have it render properly?

Another question would be can Processing run a window that big? Or, do I maybe need to send the video out to another program like MadMapper (through Syphon or Spout) to properly display?

Either way I hope this could end up being a good example of a simple video player.

Thanks!

Out of curiosity might it be a better route to go with something like Python instead of Processing?