I can't export my first Android program

I’m doing the following code in Processin 4, Android mode:

void setup()  {
 }

void draw() {
         ellipse(mouseX, mouseY, mouseX-pmouseX, mouseY-pmouseY);
 }

The code works, it runs on the Smartphone.
But I am not able to export to an .apk file
File → Export Signed Package
My AndroidManifest.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:versionCode="1" android:versionName="1.0" package="android.test">
    <application android:icon="@mipmap/ic_launcher" android:label="">
        <activity android:exported="true" android:name=".MainActivity" android:theme="@style/Theme.AppCompat.Light.NoActionBar.FullScreen">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>
                <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"/>
            </intent-filter>
        </activity>
    </application>
</manifest>

And the error:

The sketch does not include all required app icons. Processing could use its default set of Android icons, which are okay to test the app on your device, but a bad idea to distribute it on the Play store. Create a full set of unique icons for your app, and copy them into the sketch folder. Once you have done that, try exporting the sketch again.

What folder should I put my icons in? Is the name correct? How should the manifest file look? I’m a beginner.
Below is the image of my icons.

Have you seen this: https://android.processing.org/tutorials/distributing/index.html

Icons may be placed in the sketch folder. No need to use ‘Icons’ folder. Try renaming icons to ‘icon-36.png’, etc if you still can’t get it to work.

2 Likes

Does not work. I think you have to make some changes to the line:

<application android:icon="@mipmap/ic_launcher" android:label="">

Try changing the names of the icons as previously suggested.

2 Likes

It worked! THANKS!
Solution:
In the AndroidManifest.xml file put the name of your program.
Then you need icons in the root folder of the sketch with the names: icon-36.png, icon-48.png… up to icon-192.png in addition to the files preview_rectangular.png and preview_circular.png
With this the program can be exported to an .apk file.

2 Likes