How to show xy coordinate scale itself

I am drawing a spectrum graph, like the one from fft example. Code looks bit like below and draws fine:

for (let i = 0; i < data.getRowCount() / 1; i++) {
      let x = p.map(i, 0, data.getRowCount() / 1, 0, p.width);
      let y = p.map(
        data.getNum(i, "db"),
        p.height,
      );

p.vertex(x, y);
    }

While showing the spectrum, how do i draw the two lines x and y and also show the scale on the graph. I want to show x values like 0, 10, 20, 30, etc. same for y.

For example, i want to make an x-y plane with values on scale like 100k, 200k, etc as shown here : https://chart-studio.plotly.com/~Emmanouil/20/frequency-spectrum/#/

Also a side question, the above draw is super slow when data.getRowCount is a big number. Is the any tips on drawing the spectrum for many points and still have a smooth performance.

the lines

use command line

let x = p.map(0, 0, data.getRowCount() , 0, p.width);
      let y = p.map(
        p.height,
      );
line(x,y, p.width, y); 

for the numbers

for (let i = 0; i < data.getRowCount() ; i+=10) {
 let x = p.map(i, 0, data.getRowCount(), 0, p.width);
  let y = p.map(
        p.height,
      );
line(x,y,
    x,y+6);
} 

or something like this.

The speed

You could do the calculation in setup() and store everything in an int array and draw from this. Maybe faster.

Doing the calculation in setup did improved the performance. A bit.
But the line approach makes line dotted at some places, so not that good rendering with line.

Above is the pic made from line. With vertex i think the graph looks more smooth.

With vertex, it looks more smooth. Even with calculation in setup, i think it is still not that smooth. I will try to put everything in a github repo, so its easy for others to take a look.

I didn’t disagree with vertex.

Even with vertex you can pre-calc the values. Maybe as float.

My lines were referring to the x/y coordinates scale.

Regards, Chrisir