How can I delete unused assets ?

Hello, I’m Sylvie from France. I’m trying to use P5.js to create digital artworks. My knowledge of code is still basic but I’m learning. Here’s my problem:

Yesterday, I created an account, and uploaded 78 PNG images from my hard drive into a sketch on P5js. I must have forgotten to save my sketch, because the images are no longer attributed to the sketch, but it doesn’t matter, because I hadn’t written anything, it was just a sketch to try out.
But now I’d like to delete all these assets, which are useless because they’re not assigned to any sketch, to save space, but I can only do that individually! I thought I saw somewhere that I could delete all unused assets at once, but I can’t find it. Am I dreaming? Is there really no way to select all unused assets for deletion?

I’m using Firefox on the Linux Mint operating system.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

1 Like

p5 doesn’t have a built-in way of doing that. I don’t know if you’ve ever run a shell script from the command line, but that would be a way of doing it, using cURL commands to delete each asset programmatically, although that is complicated. If I were you I would delete the whole folder containing the assets(moving all other files in there that you need to another folder) and start it all over if that is possible.

Thank Reid, I’ll try that!