Helping students with their homework

Hello,

For consideration…

This was my edit of this; a bit late but I had other priorities.

I wanted to include the community as taking responsibility as well.
I changed the “Our goal is… and… and…” to “may” and points; that is a lot of responsibility to bear as is. I can help with what I can.
I removed the “our regulars” to be more inclusive to the community and added a comment for teachers at the bottom.
Emphasis on integrity for everyone; including me.

Homework questions are welcome here. Teachers* from around the world encourage their students to use this forum.

You are responsible for completing your homework with academic integrity and the community for assisting with integrity.

The community may assist you to help solve problems yourself by:

• Getting you started.
  • Breaking down problems.
  • Problem-solving.
  • Building your confidence by guiding you and letting you do your own homework.

Important points:

• Homework questions should be identified as homework.
  • You are responsible for following the academic policies of your school, class, and instructor.
  • Do not ask for complete code solutions.
  • Do not offer complete code solutions.
  • Properly format your code.
  • If you only want general advice (without code) please say so explicitly such as “No code, please.”
  • Posts with answers belong to the community and may not be deleted.
    Deleted posts will be restored at the discretion of the moderators.

For an overview of how to ask great questions that get the best help, see: Guidelines—Asking Questions .

*Teachers and community. There is a Teaching category for discussion and ideas about teaching code.

References:

Academic Integrity

Academic Dishonesty

Teacher

Problem-solving Merriam-Webster

These are living documents and should always evolve.
Feel free to use any part of this.

Somewhere in the FAQ we should state that we are all volunteers here that contribute by volunteering our time, energy and skills to support the Processing community.

Have fun coding and stay well everyone!

:)

2 Likes