HELP!missing .py examples from Chapter 6 of “Nature of Code.”

Hello everyone, I’m a beginner in processing.py, and I’m currently learning processing by converting the content of “Nature of Code” into Python syntax. I usually refer to this link for my studies: noc-examples-python/chp06_agents at master · nature-of-code/noc-examples-python · GitHub. However, a lot of content from Chapter 6 is missing here, which has caused me quite a bit of trouble in my learning. If anyone knows where I can find the missing examples, I would greatly appreciate it.

1 Like

Cheers @Ray0204 !

I used to contribute porting Nature of Code examples to Processing Python mode on the repository that you mentioned. I’m afraid people (including me) stopped porting the examples, and one of the reasons maybe was that no one was reviewing and merging our contributions anymore: Pull requests · nature-of-code/noc-examples-python · GitHub

Now Processing Python mode is no longer maintained so I lost interest in porting to it. Maybe we could find more people who might want to port NoC examples to py5 (https://py5coding.org) instead?

If you post chapter 6 questions at this forum category: py5 - Processing Foundation we might find more people able to help too (with py5 porting).

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply and your previous contributions. I have indeed found p5 to be easier to find more tutorials and examples, I initially learned Python Mode because it is simpler and more suitable for beginners to understand, and it allows me to learn both Python and Processing at the same time. Once I have a certain mastery of Python, I expect to revisit learning p5. Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Fixed URL: https://py5Coding.org

2 Likes

thanks @GoToLoop! updated there… oh my, me and my clumsy replies

1 Like

Cool @Ray0204 !

Beware there are some similar names out there:

Both are interesting, but I’m using py5 more, together with Thonny IDE and a plug-in: Thonny+py5 instructions

2 Likes

wow,thanks, that’s help a lot.

2 Likes

thanks for your helping :smiley:

1 Like