Heap Memory Issue

After two days of being frustrated I will post this here… I am constantly getting error in processing 4 (latest version). Consistent crashes and I can’t seem to find a way around it.
I tried some of the examples, and they run perfectly at 60 fps (even some really complicated ones with 3D rendering) … but then as soon as I make a simple for loop with two variables in a new sketch , it gives me the java heap memory error. I tried setting the max memory to 8 GB, reduced it back to 1 GB, 2GB… nothing helps. I tried the troubleshooting from the GitHub page and it also didn’t solve my problem. If anyone has any tip on how to go around it, would be much appreciated! Thank you

Java heap memory error sounds like you are reserving in the loop memory again and again. Without your code it’s impossible to say exactly what happens.

1 Like

hey, thanks for your answer :slight_smile: I actually managed to debug and saw that my error was in initializing and declaring some big arrays … solved it by changing the classes, so there was not a bug or a systemic issue per-se, just bad code. but I got it now… Thanks for the reply anyway

1 Like