G4P how to make a new windows in a simple way?

Hello everyone. I’m new at processing, and I’m starting to learn how to use it.

I have to write a program and I really want to make a new window appear when the user clicks a button. Something like a main menu, and from there, 7 buttons that I wanted to open to open new windows.

I’m using G4P library, but I have NO IDEA how to make it. I searched a lot on the internet but I wasn’t able to find something helpful. I really wanted to find a way of making new windows in which I can display videos, sound and images. Each window would have a different content. I am using minim library and processing video library, if this helps. I really appreciate any help or comment.

Thank you all in advance.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

Every library you install comes with examples, select File > Examples from the menus you will find G4P in the contributed libraries section. You can also look at the G4P guides on my website.

The easiest solution is probably to install the GUI Builder using Tool > Add tools from the menus. GUI Builder provides a graphical interface to design and create G4P GUIs. There are also GUI Builder videos on my website.

Please note that the G4P library the and GUI Builder tool are feature rich and you will not master them overnight. I strongly recommend that start small and experiment with them first. When you are confident that you can use them then try and create your project.

1 Like

OK! Thank you so much! I will do that!