Exporting processing.py project as jar file

I have been trying to find a way to export a processing.py project as a single jar file. I am aware of the way to do it with a normal processing project (export, extract core.jar and projectname.jar, compress into a jar file), but I’ve been unable to do the same thing with a python project. The closest I’ve gotten is running the python project on the command line (java -jar processing-py.jar projectname), but I haven’t had any luck beyond that. Does anybody know how to do this?

1 Like

Great question @pi3point1415!

I’m afraid I can’t help much, but may I ask why the “export application” command in the IDE wouldn’t be enough for your situation?

It creates a bundle/folder with all the things needed to run the sketch (Mac, Win or Linux).

It does work to an extent, but it’s nice to have a single jar file to share with people, rather than having to send a zip file with all of the exported files in it and requiring the other person to extract it first. It’s not a big deal, but since I can do it with regular processing mode, I feel like there should be some way to do it in processing.py.

1 Like

Yeah! I’d say it would be great to have this as an option, on export, for both modes!

1 Like