Error attempting to open the P5.js downloaded program

Your question is not clear, I guess you want to run p5 locally on your Computer.

Yes, I want to work directly on my PC.

Hi @Do_Not_Give_Up ,

what error is shown ?
Usually you only have to click on the index.html. If you have enable javascript and the script tag(s) are pointing to the correct file/uri location and can be accessed, it should work …

Cheers
— mnse

1 Like

To work directly on your pc while online check out this video by Daniel Shiffman. Start at 16 minutes.

To work offline, you need to download the p5 libraries, they should be in the same folder with the index.html, style.css and sketch.js files

1 Like

Hello Chigoz, in what main folder should all of these items be loaded into?

Paul

1 Like

The folder should be the name of your project, you need only these 3 files and the library to run the project offline. Check out these images.

@Chigoz, I see your Windows has “hide extensions for known files” active! :warning:

For security reasons, disable that so you can clearly see a file isn’t executable when you double-click it! :construction_worker_man:

3 Likes

Okay, how do I do that?

Hi @Do_Not_Give_Up ,

The foldername doesn’t matter, can be xxx, but to execute the project in the browser you need to load (double click) the html document not the javascript file.

Cheers
— mnse

2 Likes

Hello mnse, as I was was working with the online p5.js Web Editor, I attempted to save a simple sketch, I was directed to log in. For what ever reason, my log in was rejected; I then requested a reset of my password. I have yet received an email to complete the reset password process?

Help,

Paul Wilkie
Groomer bALERT LLC

wipaulmar3@aol.com
In the heart of the beautiful Manistee National Forest

Hi @Do_Not_Give_Up

Did you check spam folder? Maybe try again.
Let me know if it is still not working…

Cheers
— mnse

Hello mnse, no email response in spam or response in current inbox?

Paul Wilkie
wipaulmar3@aol.com

Hi @sableRaph,

would you please fwd this topic to someone which can support such user access issues …

Cheers
— mnse

1 Like

Hello mnse, I certainly will; whom would you suggest and how would I contact them?

Paul

Hello mnse, bear in mind, I am currently locked out of logging in, so how will I be able to communicate?

Paul

Hi @Do_Not_Give_Up,

this message wasn’t meant for you, as you can notice by looking at the very top of the message :slight_smile:

Cheers
— mnse

Sure! @raclim would be the right person to ask

How do I contact " @raclim would be the right person to ask" to resolve my login issue?

Paul Wilkie
wipaulmar3@aol.com