Digitech Retro Arcade Game Controller

Hi all, long time no see.

Salient info:
2021 M1 Mac
Sonoma 14.4.1

I have just received a Digitech Retro Arcade Game Controller that I’d like to incorporate into my processing projects. I assumed ( and after talking to someone at the shop it came from) that it would register as another mouse since it is just plug and play. It appears not to.
I have seen talk of the GameControlPlus library for gamepads and the like, but it throws ugly errors (shown below) about the wrong architecture whenever I run it.

Does anyone have any idea of how I can get this running in Processing?
Much appreciation for assistance.

Error:
UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Users/userName/Documents/Processing/libraries/GameControlPlus/library/libjinput-osx.jnilib: dlopen(/Users/userName/Documents/Processing/libraries/GameControlPlus/library/libjinput-osx.jnilib, 0x0001): tried: ‘/Users/userName/Documents/Processing/libraries/GameControlPlus/library/libjinput-osx.jnilib’ (fat file, but missing compatible architecture (have ‘unknown,i386,x86_64’, need ‘arm64e’ or ‘arm64’)), ‘/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/Users/userName/Documents/Processing/libraries/GameControlPlus/library/libjinput-osx.jnilib’ (no such file), ‘/Users/userName/Documents/Processing/libraries/GameControlPlus/library/libjinput-osx.jnilib’ (fat file, but missing compatible architecture (have ‘unknown,i386,x86_64’, need ‘arm64e’ or ‘arm64’))

is it this library? Game Control Plus - a new library - Processing 2.x and 3.x Forum
maybe good to ping @quark then.

Another avenue is to use software in the middle to proxy USB to OSC, which you can skip the hassle of bundling the library to Java (as long as the proxy software works). For example this one may work (I have not tried it as I don’t have a controller)

1 Like

The Game Control Plus library is ancient and no longer supported by me. It was based on another library proControll and I just updated it for Processing 3. It will not work on arm processors. See my website for more info

2 Likes

hmmm… does it still work today on processing 3? that might be a way forward before anything more complex.

a problem for monday!

thanks quark

micuat, thanks for the suggestion. I’ll take a look.

Just tried the show devices example that comes with GCP and tt appears to work with 3.5.1 but not 4.3

1 Like

ah wonderful. i also found another thread from a couple years go where someone said they had it working in 4.1. I’ll give both of these a go.
thanks again quark.