Did macOS Catalina (or something) break the Video library?

What I did was to download the old version (2.x) of Processing on my Mac OS X and run a camera sketch with that. That prompted a dialog box from Mac OS X of whether Processing was allowed to access the camera. I allowed access (and it now shows up in the System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Camera. tab).

Now, it turns out that Processing 3 is also able to access the camera and sketches run fine!

I hope that helps.

1 Like

Dear Friends

In my case, procedure described by Enigmeta works perfectly (MacBook Pro, Catalina, Processing 3) and my sketches are able to access the video camera.

However one thing is worth mentioning: after installing the library, the first run of the “GettingStartedCapture” example took a long time (for me about 3 minutes) - the sketch froze, nothing happened but after a while the camera started to work. Later everything started immediately, but this lag was on first try was very confusing :wink:

2 Likes

Capture(this, “CamTwist (2VUY)”) And work fine in getting started capure,this work fine with “ManyCam Virtual Webcam” of myCams Software what is a camTwist alternative; finally, you must can acces to you “FaceTime Camera” by this way:
cam = Capture(this, "FaceTime Camera);
but i dont have any icon of Processing in Security and Privacity > Camera :S

And it’s possible what the video library now can’t be compatible with the P3D mode?