Arduino to Processing // Reading data from sensors to control video output

Hi there! :slight_smile:
I’m very new to Processing and am currently working on an interactive, Uni project and was wondering if anyone could please help me. : )

Usng FSR and Piezo sensors, I would like to transfer data from my Arduino to then control the play of video outputs (when theshold values are met) in Processing.

So far I have:

• Set up the FSR and Piezo sensors on Arduino
  • Set up threshold values for the sensors
  • Connected Arduino to talk to Processing (via the serial port)

I worked on an example with my tutor using ‘void KeyPressed’ to control the play of my videos in Processing and now would like to take the data that the Arduino is sending over the serial port to do this instead.

Do you have any suggestions or ideas for what I need to look at / do…I’ve looked into ‘Serial event’ and ‘boolean’ type stuff but am very very stuck! I just don’t understand how to convert the data coming in! :frowning:

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you Kindly! :slight_smile:

Feel free to explore these next relevant links:

Can anyone help me find what's wrong with my code for a video player based off sensor reading - Processing 2.x and 3.x Forum
How to switch between multiple movies?/Play movie after a movie? - Processing 2.x and 3.x Forum
Set distance value with ultrasonic sensor - Processing 2.x and 3.x Forum

Kf

I found this really useful to start with: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/connecting-arduino-to-processing
Once communication works, build on top of that.
M

Thank you so much! :slight_smile: I’ll have a look into these and report back with my progress!

Thank you lots! :slight_smile: I spent 12 hours straight trying to understand coding, so will have a look at the link and check back!