Anyone managed to get Spout working with Processing.py?

I am hoping to get the Spout library working with Processing for Python but am finding it does not work for me.

Trying to add it to a project produces the following error:
RuntimeWarning: PyTableCode.call caught a Throwable that is not an Exception:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: …\Processing\libraries\spout\library\JNISpout_32.dll: Can’t load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform

I’ve tried with the latest version of Processing as well as installing v3.5.4, which I see recommended elsewhere where there are issues with the latest version and library compatibility with Processing.py.

I can get it working in normal Java Processing, but my preference is to work with Processing.py.

Has anyone had experience using Spout successfully with Processing.py?

1 Like

I’m afraid lots of things are starting to stop working in Processing Python mode :frowning:
With some luck you could try it with py5, which is based on the Processing Java core, but with a modern Python 3 interface (can use numpy, etc.). And I saw this: GitHub - maybites/Spout-for-Python: A modified Spout library using Boost::Python to enable Spout texture sharing using Python.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your reply, Villares. It’s a shame. A fully featured working version of Processing Python would be so ideal for me. I want to use it in combination with Touchdesigner without having to commit to switching between two languages constantly (Touchdesigner uses python).
Thanks for the advice and tips on other options to check out. Ill look into Py5 and the Spout for Python github.
Cheers.

1 Like